Reported by: M S Pakistani
Translated by: Amanat Ali Chaudhary
The Walima function of Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri, the son of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, was held in the Minhaj University Township on June 28, 2008. Prime Minister of Pakistan, Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani, graced the occasion as the guest of honour. The function was attended by a large number of people from diverse walks of life including prominent religious scholars, actors, politicians, technocrats, lawyers, and doctors etc. Separate arrangements were made for women in the Minhaj Girls College.
At the central stage, Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri was flanked by Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and Sahibzada Hammad Mustafa Qadri Al-Madani on his right side and PM Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani and Sahibzada Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri on his left side. Al-Haaj Allama Nazir Ahmad was also present at the main stage. Pir Syed Naseer-ud-Din Naseer Shah of Golra Sharif, Principal Officer of American Consulate Lahore Brian D. Hunt, former Minister for Foreign Affairs Khurshid Mahmood Qasuri, former Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Ijaz-ul-Haq, former Chief Minister of Punjab Mian Manzoor Ahmad Watto, former Governor of Punjab Khalid Maqbool, former Provincial Minister Abdul Aleem Khan, former MNA and leader of Jamat-e-Islami Farid Paracha, MPA and son of former Chief Minister Punjab Chaudhry Moonis Elahi, distinguished columnist and editor-in-chief of Daily Pakistan Mujeeb-ur-Rehman Shami, Principal of Pakistan Law College and prominent jurist Prof Humayun Ehsan, Makhdoom Syed Chan Pir Gillani, Ayat Ullah Aagha e Justice Hasan Raza Ghadeeri (Iran), Makhdoom Pir Syed Sarwar Hussain (India), Pir Sahibzada Bilal Ahmad Chishti (India), Pir Qamar Sultan Ameer Afzal, Pir Allama Maqsood Ahmad Qadri, Pir Hamid Ullah Jaan Saifi, Mian Muhammad Hanfi Saifi, Mufti Aabid Hussain Saifi, Sahibzada Asad Ullah Ghalib, Sahibzada Saeed Ahmad Sabri, Sahibzada Allama Mufti Muhammad Muhib Ullah Noori, Allama Sufi Muhammad Ali Naqshbandi, Allama Dr. Muhammad Aarif Naeemi, Allama Muhammad Shahzad Mujaddadi, Pir Allama Mufti Safdar Ali Qadri, Allama Qari Zawar Bahadar, Allama Dr Muhammad Hussain Akbar, Allama Hafiz Kazm Raza Naqvi, Allama Mushtaq Hussain Jaafri, Molana Abdul Wahab Ropri, Pir Makhdoom Nadeem Ahmad Hashmi, Shaykh ul Hadith Allama Muhammad Meraj ul Islam, Shaykh ul Tafseer Allama Mufti Abdul Qayum Khan Hazarvi, Shaykh ul Fiqh Allama Pro. Muhammad Nawaz Zafar, Pir Tabassum Awaisi central Amir of Jamat-e-Ahl-e-Hadit Allama Zubair Ahmad Zaheer, actors Fardoos Jamal, Nasim Vickey, Muhammad Afzal Ramboo, former captains of Pakistan Hockey Team Khawaja Muhammad Junaid, Mian Akhtar Rasool and other prominent religious scholars were also present among the respected guests.
The central leaders of Minhaj-ul-Quran International Ameer Minhaj ul International Sahibzada Faiz-ur-Rehman Durrani, Nazim-e-Ala Dr Raheeq Ahmad Abbasi, Naib Ameer MQI Pir Syed Khalil ur Rehman Chishti, Naib Ameer MQI Brig (r) Iqbal Ahmad Khan, Senior Vice Chairman PAT Aagha Murtaza Poya, Naib Nazim-e-Ala Sheikh Zahid Fayyaz, Nazim Foreign Affairs G.M. Malik, and other Nazims, staff members and district and Tehsil officer holders of Minhaj-ul-Quran International also participated. In addition to that, a large number of guests from abroad also participated in the Walima reception of Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri.
The venue was set up in two parts. Beautiful canopies were erected on the central venue, whereas chairs and tables were set up in the open air. The honourable guests started arriving at 9 p.m. Nazim-e-Ala Dr Raheeq Ahmad Abbasi, Sheikh Zahid Fayyaz, G.M. Malik, Anwar Akhtar Advocate and other central leaders were receiving the guests.
Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani came to the Walim function at 10:45 pm. Afterwards, the reception got underway formally with the recitation of the Holy Quran by Qari Allah Baksh Naqashbandi. Jamshed Azam Chishti presented Naat. The renowned compare of Q TV Sahibzada Tasleem Sabri conducted the proceedings of the programme. Pir Syed Naseer-ud-Din Nasir Shah presented his special 'Kalam' as 'Sehra' to Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri. After that, Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri welcomed the honourable guests. He said, "I welcome every guest to the Walima reception including PM Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani." Addressing the American Consulate Shaykh-ul-Islam said Pakistan is a peaceful country and its citizens are a peaceful people. Islam is against every kind of terrorism. We believe in the culture of mutual love, peace and brotherhood. Minhaj-ul-Quran International is busy spreading this mission of peace around the globe. Unfortunately the anti-Pakistan elements have put a label of terrorism on Pakistan but in reality we are a peaceful nation.
About Pir Syed Naseer-ud-Din Nasir Shah, Shaykh-ul-Islam said the 'Sehra' that he recited is the result of his love for Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and he was thankful to him for that. At the end, Shaykh-ul-Islam again thanked all the guests on their participation in the Walima reception.
After the brief speech of Shaykh-ul-Islam, PM Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani answered a number of questions of journalists. The media men interacted with the PM and put questions to him about the situation in the country. The private TV channels telecast live this portion of the programme. After a stay of about one hour, Prime Minister went back.
At 11:30 pm the food was served on the tables of the honourable guests. Shaykh-ul-Islam went to the guests in the Walima and met them. Sahibzada Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri, Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and Sahibzada Hammad Mustafa Al-Madani and other central leaders of MQI were also with him at that occasion. He welcomed and met the religious scholars separately who came from across the world to attend the function.
After these meetings and interaction, Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri had food with over a two dozen guests at the table to the right of the central stage. He exchanged views with them on matters of mutual interest for half an hour. All the guests and religious scholars congratulated him on the marriage of Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri. He again thanked them. At 12:30, the ceremony came to end with the special Dua led by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri. The return of guests continued till 1 am. These honourable guests were given gift packs containing a DVD of the introduction of MQI.
- The arrangements of Walima reception began to be made one day ago, which were completed till the afternoon of June 28. The security officials took over the security of the entire venue and the surroundings at 5 p.m.
- The security officials were deputed along all routes leading to the Minhaj University due to arrival of Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani.
- In addition to the security officials of Government, security people of MQI and secret agencies were also present around the venue.
- The security people of MQI bore special cards, whereas the special security team of Minhaj-ul-Quran Youth League was also present in the venue.
- Four different entry points were set up for entrance of the honourable guests where scanners were also installed.
- Five different places were fixed for parking of the vehicles of the honourable guests in accordance with the colour of their passes.
- Every guest was admitted to the Walima reception on the production of the invitation card.
- At 10 p.m. at night, Shaykh-ul-Islam came to the function accompanied by Sahibzada Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri, Sahibzada Hussan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and Sahibzada Hammad Mustafa Qadri Al-Madani.
- After the arrival of Prime Minister at 10:45 p.m., the media men crowded the stage with their cameras.
- The arrival of the honourable guests continued after the arrival of the Prime Minister. Ijaz-ul-Haq, Lt. Gen. (r) Khalid Maqbool, Mujeeb-ur-Rehman Shami, Moonis Elahi came and congratulated Shaykh-ul-Islam.
- More than five thousand guests attended the Walima reception.
- The same dishes were served for all the guests.
- A huge screen was installed in the Minhaj College for Women for live transmission of the proceedings from the main venue.